What a week. The Blue Jays continued their lacklustre start to the season, while the Raptors have started to wind down from their own lacklustre campaign.
Toronto FC stole a point with a dramatic late comeback, the Rock clinched the East division and the Marlies secured a playoff spot. Meanwhile, the Maple Leafs continue to amaze us all with their surge towards the postseason. (Well, it has been eight years!)
Let’s get to the top pictures of the last seven days:
1) I suppose we should start with the Blue Jays, because in many ways their bad start is even more of a story than the Leafs push for the postseason. And in that respect, this ripoff of the film ‘Major League’ seems appropriate at the moment:
Let’s just hope the Blue Jays can turn it around and finish the season in similar fashion to Charlie Sheen and company.
2) It’s often said that how you perceive a glass half-filled with water says a lot about your personality:
To be fair, whether you have a glass half full or empty outlook on life, it still doesn’t change the fact that the Blue Jays charge you a bloody fortune to drink alcohol at the Rogers Centre. And it’s definitely needed at the moment.
3) Okay, this wasn’t planned, but I’m pretty close to changing this to ‘Blue Toro’s top Blue Jays pictures of the week’. I guess it really is easier to find material when a team’s playing badly.
Talking of which, it’s typical that Josh Johnson waited until he joined the Blue Jays to have the shortest outing of his career, lasting just 1.1 innings against the Tigers on Thursday. Suddenly, this photo makes a lot more sense:
I’m thinking Johnson was trying to warn us he may not be around for long, when he turned up with hardly any personal belongings at the start of the season.
4) What would you think if I told you we have photographic evidence of Jose Reyes playing with himself? Would you like to see it? Of course you would:
Seriously, get your mind out of the gutter. I can’t believe you went there! Having said that, it now appears after last night’s injury Reyes that will have more free time to play with himself, whatever that may entail.
5) Speaking of free time, Toronto FC’s Robert Earnshaw has decided to put his to good use by learning to play the guitar:
I just hope he continues to make sweet music on the field as well, preferably with his shirt on.
6) Turning to the Raptors, I’m the first to admit I’ve been less than impressed with Kyle Lowry this season. As such, I think this photo sums the point guard up perfectly, because at times his play has been reminiscent of a headless chicken:
7) Sticking with the Raptors, my favourite moment of the week was when Amir Johnson took a timeout during their game against the Bulls to take some photos, leading to numeorous mockups including this one:
Certainly, you can almost imagine Johnson looking out for the lesser-spotted Raptors winning season. And if he could find the even rarer Raptors first-round playoff win, then he’d really be onto something.
8 ) And finally, as you (hopefully) know, at Blue Toro we try our best to look at the lighter side of sports. As such, let’s end with this GIF of Chris Bosh that I found earlier this week:
For once the former Raptor actually amused me. I will now revert back to sports-hating him.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
If you have any questions, please email me at email@example.com
You can also follow us on Twitter @bluetoro_ca and like us on Facebook
- By paul.taylor
- April 13, 2013